Please read through the Rules and Regulation before submitting your photographs.
Montage 2008 Open Competition
All persons residing in Singapore during the duration of Montage 2008 are eligible to take part in Montage 2008 Open Competition (“Open Competition”).
Montage 2008 Youth Competition
All persons residing in Singapore during the duration of Montage 2008 and are below 25 years of age (at May 1, 2008) are eligible for taking part in Montage 2008 Youth Competition (“Youth Competition”).
Montage 2008 School Challenge
Students studying in Primary, Secondary and Pre-University institutions and are participating in Youth Competition are automatically qualified for Montage 2008 School Challenge (“School Challenge”).
Submission Criteria (for All Categories)
- Photographs submitted must contain at least 2400 pixels on the longer side.
- The images must be in 8-bit JPEG format in RGB Colour or Greyscale with minimal compression.
- Each participant may submit a maximum of 4 entries.
- Both colour and monochrome image are allowed.
- Only digital images and scanned negatives/slides are accepted.
- The participant must be the author and sole owner of the copyright of each photograph submitted for Montage 2008.
- Entries submitted must not have won prizes in other competitions.
- All images will be considered submitted and final after submission. Further changes will not be entertained.
- The Photographic Society of the NUS (NUSPS) reserves the right not to accept submissions which are not submitted at the designated place and venue.
- NUSPS will not be liable to any errors or failures occurred during the submission of photos.
- Entries will be judged based on their relevance to the theme, photographic technique, creativity, and originality. Emphasis will be placed on relevance to the theme.
- Judging will be done on an anonymous basis.
- The decision of the judges will be final and no correspondence will be entertained.
Competition & Exhibition
- NUSPS reserves the right to disqualify any entries, if the contents are deemed pornographic or against public interest.
- Entries that fail to satisfy the Rules & Regulations and the law will be disqualified at the discretion of the competition committee.
- NUSPS will not be held legally responsible for any conflict involving copyrights of images submitted.
- NUSPS reserves the right to use/reproduce the images submitted for any artistic or non-commercial purposes. The photographer will be duly acknowledged for his/her contribution without monetary compensation. Winning entries will be exhibited at venues which will be released on Montage 2008 Website (http://montage.sg).
- Each person is entitled to win only one prize of the higher value.
- All prizes are stated in the website. In the event the original prize is unavailable, a prize of equivalent value will be used as a substitute.
- Shortlisted participants may be called to attend interviews with the media and/or NUSPS Management Committee and Montage 2008 Prize Presentation.
- NUSPS reserves the right to amend the Rules & Regulations without prior notice.
- By submitting their photos, the participant accepts the Rules & Regulations as laid down by NUSPS.
- Minimal digital manipulation (i.e. only manipulations such as colour enhancement, cropping) is allowed. However, adding or removing key elements of the composition is strongly discouraged and may not be accepted for judging. Excessively manipulated photos will be disqualified.
- Photo submission will be open from 1 April 2008, 0000hr till 16 May 2008, 2359hr at the Montage 2008 Submission Website (http://montage.sg/2008/submission). Late submission will not be entertained.
- Only online submission is accepted.
For further enquiries regarding Montage 2008, please send your emails to email@example.com. Alternatively, you can also reach us at our mailing address:
The Photographic Society of NUS
Kent Ridge Post Office
PO Box 1121, S(911105)