The Photographic Society of NUS (NUSPS) invites all enthusiastic photographers to participate in our 10th-year running annual photography competition, Montage. Using any strategy from photojournalism to photography as an art, from personal photography to documentary photography, photographers are invited to explore and delve into any of the following conceptual aspects:
- Tension and balance, including the intricate balance between conflicting forces, the coexistence of similarity and difference, and juxtaposition and contrast,
- Tension as a state of change, that precursor of difference that separates regression, maintenance and progress, the distinction between strength & resilience and fragility & stress,
- Tension and the environment, including the conflict between man and nature, pollution and conservation, and green technology and its apparent advantages,
- Tension and society, including issues related to individuality, human relationships, man and community, rise of feminism and minority interests, the increasing social anomie against a decreasing social order,
- Other relevant themes around the concept of Tension.
Highlighting the universality of Tension in the world, the competition hopes to reflect the interconnectedness of man’s diversity as participants are encouraged to offer their insights and interpretations into these issues in relation to their own personal understanding and experience. In addition to attractive prizes, winners of the competition will have their prints exhibited during the Montage 2008 seminar and exhibition.
Montage 2008 Open Competition
All persons residing in Singapore during the duration of Montage 2008 are eligible to take part in Montage 2008 Open Competition (“Open Competition”).
Montage 2008 Youth Competition
All persons residing in Singapore during the duration of Montage 2008 and are below 25 years of age are eligible for taking part in Montage 2008 Youth Competition (“Youth Competition”).
Montage 2008 School Challenge
Students studying in Primary, Secondary and Pre-University institutions and are participating in Youth Competition are automatically qualified for Montage 2008 School Challenge (“School Challenge”).